General Assembly October 22nd 5-30 :
October 22, 2012 § Leave a comment
Please update this agenda with your latest items before the meeting has started.
- Identifying issues within Occupy Sydney structurally -and addressing those issues by putting in place appropriate Groups and strategies to facilitate effective delivery. (replacing those which have ceased to function).
- Identifying Core and empathy issues locally nationally and globally which Occupy Sydney will invest resources in working for. This issue may at the discretion of the meeting be notified and implemented at a later meeting.
- CONSENSUS & the OSYD GA decision making process:
- What is consensus??
- What type of decisions require consensus?
- What other decision making process can we adopt for urgent (such as time sensitive) decisions?
- That the Hand signals shown at right be adopted.
- That with the exception of Knitting, Media ,Occupy My Mind, Free School and Legals all other current working groups be declared vacated.
- That Working Groups become the appropriate place to discuss related issues and that Working Groups have full autonomy to develop their sphere of operations as they see fit.
- That Working Groups decide and enact their own decision making process as they see fit.
- That a new Statement of solidarity with the 99% be formulated replacing the current GA statement .
- That all online Occupy Sydney entities current and future be recognised as part of the Occupy Sydney discussion with equal standing, provided they are within the core values of the International Occupy Movement AND not disendorsed by Occupy Sydney GA.
- Motion of Support for Scarlet Alliance and condemnation of NSW Governments attempts to license or criminalise sex workers. (https://www.facebook.com/iwwsydney/posts/427474487302551 )
- Discussion Days: Each Day at the Occupation will Focus on discussions about a specific issue. SUNDAY: DoCS out of Families Day-by Docsbusters,Family Name and Shame File and Ride Against DOCS. MONDAY:?? – 5-30pm GA TUESDAY: ?? WEDNESDAY ?? THURSDAY ??? FRIDAY(night movies??) ??? SATURDAY ??? Free School. Examples could be ECONOMICS – HOUSING & AFFORDABILITY – SOCIAL JUSTICE – HUMAN RIGHTS – CORPORATE PARASITES.
- Stand up for the Burrup Action December 2nd -Occupy Sydney to Occupy Sydney Barracks as part of 100 World Heritage Sites Campaign.
- That an Occupation working group will form consisting of Occupiers and regular Occupation participants. Requirement for this Group are that participants be Overnight Occupiers OR participate at the Occupation for a minimum of eight hours per week OR be specifically invited to join the working group by a majority of Occupiers.
- Occupy Sydney Protest Commonwealth Bank 9am 30 October at Convention Centre Darling Harbour. Working Group forming, meeting after GA.
- Occupy Sydney Vigil Tuesday October 23rd : Join Facebook Event