Stop The TPP: Wake up Australia
October 8, 2013 § Leave a comment
On October 12 2013 as part of Occupy Sydney 2nd Anniversary Celebrations will join with Community to Protest PM Abbotts intention to sell the Australian Public out in the Secret Trans Pacific Partnership.
New PM Tony Abbott has not yet recalled Parliament. To our knowledge . And why bother? Like his predecessors back to at least the Fraser years (and possibly further) Abbott acts not in the interests of the Australian public, but of Huge multinational corporations and foreign governments. His style represents a new low in Government transparency for Australia at the same time when his government are continuing the Howard/Gillard attack on Social Welfare Claimants.
The Australian Public were NOT asked to approve this international agreement which guarantees international corporations profits and affords them the ability to be compensated for loss from tax revenue FOR WHATEVER REASONS.
- In the USA Corporations such as Monsanto and Haliburton were priveleged to be given access and input on the Formative TPP long before Congress.
- The TPP has been negotiated in Secret Meetings behind Closed doors.
- Leaked draft texts of the agreement show that the IP chapter would have extensive negative ramifications for users’ freedom of speech, right to privacy and due process, and hinder peoples’ abilities to innovate.
- TRANSPARENCY: The entire process has shut out multi-stakeholder participation and is shrouded in secrecy.
- Australians and Citizens of the other #TPP countries will lose the right to question Corporations business methods even when they potentially impact the local environment or community as Fracking and Tar Sands extraction do.
- SIGN THE AUSTRALIAN PETITION http://aftinet.org.au/cms/node/627
- SEE MORE Here….
- Join us and PROTEST the TPP in Australia Sat Oct 12 2013 as we March Against Monsanto